Many men wonder if laser hair removal will work for them. And many mistakenly believe that men achieve lesser results than women or that men’s hair is too different for the treatment to work. But the truth is very different.
Laser hair removal is a very effective technique for men like you. If you are tired of waxing, manscaping, and shaving, you can pick a permanent solution that helps you look your best.
Laser hair removal services can give you that clean, healthy look you are going for. Manhattan’s Laser by Monica is here to help.
Common Reason Men Worry it Won’t Work for Them
There is a lot of confusion and misinformation about men’s laser hair removal. Because of this misinformation, many men worry that laser hair removal treatments won’t work for them. The truth is that this treatment is one of the safest and most effective ways to remove unwanted hair in all parts of the body.
Common reasons men think laser hair removal won’t work for them include:
Men Who Wax
Men who wax to remove unwanted body hair sometimes think that laser hair removal will not work anymore. This is a common misconception. If you currently wax or have waxed in the past, this does nothing to change how effective laser treatment will be.
In fact, many men who wax find they achieve a permanent result that doesn’t require constant upkeep. It also frees you from the pain of waxing and the unsightly skin problems waxing can cause.
Hair color can significantly impact laser treatment. Laser treatment only works on dark hair. The laser identifies the difference between the hair’s darkness and the skin’s lightness. So your hair color could make a difference in the effectiveness of laser treatment.
Laser by Monica’s experienced and knowledgeable estheticians can help you learn how laser hair removal is likely to affect your specific hair color.
Men of every skin color and type should be able to get laser hair removal. Older techniques and less advanced lasers sometimes struggled to work with certain skin tones — especially darker skin tones.
Our staff uses a dual-wavelength laser. It has both a 755 Alexandrite for lighter to medium skin and a 1064 Yag for medium to darker skin. We want men of all skin tones to look their best.
Other Men’s Results
Some men have heard stories about how laser hair removal did not work for another man. In reality, laser hair removal can work for you. Common reasons laser hair removal did not work for someone else often have more to do with where they went for the procedure than the laser hair removal itself.
- Untrained practitioners: Some spas and treatment centers use poorly trained staff to perform laser hair removal. They don’t really know what they are doing, which often leads to unsuccessful results. It is not the laser that is the problem but how it was used.
- Old laser technology: Laser technology has improved vastly over the years. A high-end laser hair removal center stays up-to-date with the right technology. Other places may not, leading to less than desirable results.
- Different levels of treatment: Different body parts require different levels and types of treatment. Many practitioners fail to consider this, which will lead to poor outcomes. Some areas require a different laser technique, more sessions, and compensation for different hair types.
Poor Preparation Before Treatment
Other treatment centers don’t tell you how to prepare for laser hair removal. Proper preparation can make all the difference. This isn’t hard to do, but many places fail to give you the information you need. This can lead to poor results you won’t get with a high-end laser hair removal provider.
Men should remember a few things before getting a treatment:
- Shave: The area being treated should be clean of hair. You should shave one to two days before the treatment. This lets the energy of the laser reach the hair follicle.
- Don’t wax or tweeze: Many men think they should wax or tweeze to remove hair before laser treatment. Don’t do this. Tweezing or waxing one to two weeks before a laser treatment may actually inhibit the best results.
- Avoid tanning: For about a month before your treatment, you should avoid tanning. This includes natural and sunless tanners. The greater the contrast between your skin and hair, the easier the process is.
Many places don’t tell you this, leading to lower-quality results.
Hair type can affect how laser treatment works for different people. However, too many men assume that their hair type will not work with laser hair removal. Very often, this is incorrect.
As laser technology has continued improving, so have the results for many different hair types. Men with fine, coarse, straight, or curly hair can all see quality results. Permanent hair removal is possible for most men. Let a skilled laser hair removal esthetician help you understand how laser hair removal can work for you specifically.
How Laser Hair Removal Works for Men
Men of all ages, skin tones, and hair types can get the results they are looking for. Laser hair removal provides a permanent and healthy way to remove unwanted hair and get your skin looking its best.
Men can have hair removed from nearly any part of the body, including:
- Hands and arms
- Between the eyebrows
- Legs and feet
- Chin and upper lip
- Groin and pubic area
This process is safe and approved by the FDA. The laser safely destroys hair follicles, meaning they can’t grow any future hair. This saves you time in your grooming routine and gives you the polished look you seek.
Laser by Monica Treatments for Men in NYC
Laser by Monica provides laser hair removal for every man. We personalize a plan to your specific needs, including your skin type, skin color, and the area you want to treat. We are trained to achieve the best possible results for you.
These treatments reduce or eliminate unwanted hair growth where you don’t want hair. We take pride in our concierge service in Manhattan’s Murray Hill neighborhood and the surrounding areas.
Contact us today to schedule your laser hair removal appointment.