Even the most vigilant skin care devotee can see dryness, dark spots, fine lines, or dull skin in the mirror. You might find that your skin tends to look dull after makeup removal, a long day, or on a regular basis. Regardless, you may feel like your skin needs extra help to look its best.
Laser treatments may be the solution you need if you find yourself wondering what to do if your skin looks dull. Laser skin rejuvenation is a safe, effective way to improve the look of dull skin. The treatment is non-invasive, and there is no downtime. You may notice brighter skin after just one session.
What Causes Dull Skin?
Skin that looks dull and tired is common for busy people. Exposure to sun and pollution, insufficient rest, and stress can all take a toll on the skin. Other factors that lead to dull-looking skin include:
- Age: The skin changes over time. Collagen production slows down, leaving skin looking crepey or saggy. You might produce less oil on the surface of your skin, leading to dryness, flakiness, redness, and irritation. As a result, your skin can look dull and rough.
- Dead skin cells: Skin cells are constantly turning over. The cells on the surface die and slough off, revealing newer cells beneath them. If the dead cells build up, they can lead to overall dullness and dryness.
- Dehydration: Drinking enough water is critical to many bodily functions, such as maintaining proper blood pressure, digestion, and kidney function. Hydration also affects the appearance and health of your skin. Not drinking enough water can leave skin looking dull, tired, and dry.
- Lack of moisture: Skin thrives with moisture from the outside as well as from drinking water. Dry air, either from naturally low humidity or climate control, can sap moisture from the outer layers of the skin. Forgetting moisturizer can also speed up moisture loss from the skin’s surface. Skin can then look dry, lifeless, or irritated.
Rejuvenate Your Skin with Laser Treatment
Over the long term, establishing an effective skincare routine for your age and skin type can help prevent dryness and dullness. You can also get a laser rejuvenation treatment to quickly refresh a dull complexion. Laser rejuvenation is a safe and effective FDA-approved treatment for dull skin, fine lines, and discoloration.
Skin resurfacing lasers work by targeting the outermost layer of skin cells. The laser emits beams of concentrated light, which vaporize the top layer of cells, revealing the healthier new cells underneath. In addition, the laser heats the deeper layers of the skin to stimulate healing and collagen production, causing the skin to look fuller and firmer.
At Laser by Monica, we use AdvaLight laser treatment for skin rejuvenation. This gold-standard laser treatment therapy can improve the appearance of skin in multiple ways, including:
- Removing dead skin cells from the skin’s surface
- Improving skin tone and tightness
- Reducing the appearance of dark spots and discoloration
- Boosting collagen production
Another option for skin rejuvenation is LED treatment. Light-emitting diode (LED) devices use different wavelengths of light to stimulate cellular renewal and improve the appearance of the skin. LED treatments improve circulation and stimulate collagen production, making skin look refreshed and brighter. Laser by Monica offers Celluma LED Treatment for multi-wavelength professional-level skin rejuvenation.
How Laser Skin Rejuvenation Works
The AdvaLight laser therapy is pain-free, so you won’t need to use any numbing cream before your visit. Your appointment will occur in our office; treatment usually takes about 30 minutes. Your technician will apply the AdvaLight scanner to your skin, moving over the entire treatment area. When your treatment is finished, you can resume normal activities right away. Some people notice results after the first session, though most need several treatments to achieve optimal results.
If you choose Celluma LED Treatment, you will wear special goggles to protect your eyes and lie under the device for 20 to 30 minutes. The treatment is pain-free, and there is no recovery time after it’s done. You may notice results right away, though many people choose to get multiple treatments for more noticeable changes.
Is It Safe?
Laser skin rejuvenation and LED treatments are very safe. The most common side effect is mild discomfort or swelling immediately after a laser skin rejuvenation treatment, which usually resolves within a few hours. There is a slight risk of scarring, discoloration, or skin damage, and risks are higher for people with darker skin tones. If you have safety concerns, talk to your technician. We can help you choose the safest treatment for your skin type.
If you want to brighten your dull complexion and improve the look of your skin, contact Laser By Monica to discuss your treatment options. Our industry-leading staff and techniques are here to help you feel like the healthiest, happiest version of yourself.